Aside from being a food lover myself, I try to invent dishes with regular ingredients to give it a new taste. Let’s say I started to develop my very own recipe because we have some picky eaters in our family. I don’t want to keep our dishes inside the norm all the time; I’m not saying regular food tastes terrible, it’s just that eating the same food over and over again is a bit boring. I highly encourage you to take a step and be creative! You may not succeed on the first try but who you’ll get there. Without further adieu, he is my simple recipe of a creamy tune pesto.
One- 180 grams canned tuna in oil (you may use spicy too)
One- 250mL box of all-purpose cream
One -pack McCormick Pesto Pasta Mix
Three -cloves garlic crushed ( I like mine garlicky since we’re adding tuna)
Three -tablespoon oil
salt, pepper, sugar to taste
250 grams pasta (any pasta will do but best for Fettucine or penne) cooked per instruction
cheddar cheese for toppings
Two -tablespoons butter
- Start by cooking the pasta water, when it boils add pasta. I don’t add oil to my pasta only a little bit of salt.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, start to prepare the sauce.
- Saute garlic, don’t let it turn golden. For this dish, I like to make a homogenous white colour for the sauce.
- Add tuna then boil for a one to two minutes.
- Turn the flame to low then add the pesto mix. Stir everything but don’t take too much time.
- Add all-purpose cream into the mixture.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar to your liking.
- Be careful not to boil the cream, turn the heat off when you notice little bubbles are coming out on top. Add two tablespoon butter to the mix.
- Mix with the pasta. Top with cheese.
This is an effortless dish that you can cook in 15 minutes. You can prepare this dish for a date night or kids since it has a hint of sweetness.